Claire has ten years of experience as a management consultant, mentor, and facilitator – providing support and training in; communications, recruitment, employee development, manager mentoring.
Prior to consulting Claire worked as a local government senior manager, with experience across different functional areas including:
- Media relations,
- Community consultation,
- Economic development,
- Customer services
- Human resources
- Contract Management
Director of Karepo Pty Ltd an Australian company with three trading arms; Karepo Contracting, Johnston River Slipway and Beach Haven Holiday Rental.
Partner in a NZ Dairy farm.
As a member of Toastmasters International Claire has represented her club in the area and regional contests, winning both the humorous and international speeches at the area level.
- Toastmasters International (ACB)
- Advanced Management Programme (NZIM 2004)
- ATCL (Associate of the Trinity College of London – effective speaking)
- Various papers in business management (Accounting, Economics, Commercial Law, IT, Organizational Development, Statistics)
Claire is described as vibrant, enthusiastic and fun. But don’t mistake her sunny nature for not being as sharp as a tack.
And here’s some fun things to know:
- Claire is one of the stars of the 2020 Skinny adds, and boy does she rock that orange tracksuit.
- She loves demolition (she spent a happy summer demolishing a huge 100-year-old storm-damaged farm shed, keeping the Kauri for up-cycling).
- Used to race karts.
- Was once known as Blue (from Blue and the Duke) a jazz and blues show on Big River Radio.
- Her handle i.e. The Barefoot Recruiter is true she is often in bare feet. however the handle is also a nod to her practical pragmatic, down to earth approach to life and work.
- Over the last few years she has lost 20% of her body weight or nearly 20kgs. You can see this for yourself below.