Facilitation and Coaching experience
Claire has seven years of experience as a management consultant, mentor, and facilitator – providing support and training in; communications, recruitment, employee development, manager mentoring.
Ten years experience as a local government senior manager, with experience across differing functional areas including:
- Media relations,
- Community consultation,
- Economic development,
- Customer services
- Human resources
Five years experience in middle management and contract management.
Director of Karepo Pty Ltd an Australian company with three trading arms; Karepo Contracting, Johnston River Slipway and Beach Haven Holiday Rental.
Partner in a NZ Dairy farm.
- Toastmasters International (ACB)
- Advanced Management Programme (NZIM 2004)
- ATCL (Associate of the Trinity College of London – effective speaking)
- Various papers in business management (Accounting, Economics, Commercial Law, IT, Organizational Development, Statistics)
As a member of Toastmasters International Claire has represented her club in the area and regional contests, winning both the humorous and international speeches at the area level. See photo proof.
Something not many people know
- Claire loves demolition (she spent a happy summer demolishing a huge 100-year-old storm-damaged farm shed, keeping the Kauri for upcycling).
- Used to race karts.
- Was once known as Blue (from Blue and the Duke) a jazz and blues show on Big River Radio.
- This one is a little obvious from her handle, but she is comfortable in her bare feet. The title is also a nod to her practical pragmatic, down to earth approach to life and work.