Claire is described as vibrant, enthusiastic and fun. But don’t mistake her sunny nature for not being as sharp as a tack.
Some fun things about Claire are:
- She loves demolition (she spent a happy summer demolishing a huge 100-year-old storm-damaged farm shed, keeping the Kauri for up-cycling).
- Used to race karts.
- Was once known as Blue (from Blue and the Duke) a jazz and blues show on Big River Radio.
- Her handle i.e. The Barefoot Recruiter is true she is often in bare feet. however the handle is also a nod to her practical pragmatic, down to earth approach to life and work.
- Over the last few years she has lost 20% of her body weight or nearly 20kgs. You can see this for yourself below.
Claire has seven years of experience as a management consultant, mentor, and facilitator – providing support and training in; communications, recruitment, employee development, manager mentoring.
Facilitation and Coaching experience
Ten years experience as a local government senior manager, with experience across differing functional areas including:
- Media relations,
- Community consultation,
- Economic development,
- Customer services
- Human resources
Five years experience in middle management and contract management.
Director of Karepo Pty Ltd an Australian company with three trading arms; Karepo Contracting, Johnston River Slipway and Beach Haven Holiday Rental.
Partner in a NZ Dairy farm.
- Toastmasters International (ACB)
- Advanced Management Programme (NZIM 2004)
- ATCL (Associate of the Trinity College of London – effective speaking)
- Various papers in business management (Accounting, Economics, Commercial Law, IT, Organizational Development, Statistics)
As a member of Toastmasters International Claire has represented her club in the area and regional contests, winning both the humorous and international speeches at the area level. See photo proof.