Candidate Profiling Services
‘When used correctly, cognitive and personality tests can increase the chances that new employees will succeed. Since the cost of a bad hire is widely estimated to be at least one year’s pay , there are huge incentives for organisations to get hiring right‘. Harvard Business Review
So … it makes a lot of sense to spend $275* to increase the likelihood that the applicant you select is a good fit for role and your organisation.
The report will provide insight into
- The candidate’s reasoning ability in terms of verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. This helps to ascertain both their ability to carry out the requirements of the role and the potential for future promotion.
- The candidate’s work style preferences. This provides a feel for how they will cope with your systems and processes. It also gives you an understanding of what induction and training will be most effective and efficient for this person.
- The candidate’s personal style. This enables you to assess their potential fit with your organisations culture and people.
- The candidate’s resilience. This measures their skills in combating stress and identifies possible training opportunities.
The report also provides valuable information on areas for further investigation at the interview and reference check stages.
The $275* cost also covers a consultation with you on the needs of the role, as well as a debrief on our findings in relation to the report.
Workshops for Hiring Managers
These half day interactive workshops equip hiring managers with the skills they need to get the right people in the right roles. It also supports them to get new employees up to full productivity in the shortest possible time.
Many small and medium organisations without HR staff either go it alone or fully outsource their recruitment needs. Our experience is whether recruitment is done in house or by an independent recruiter, the more hiring managers understand – the better the hiring decisions. Successful hiring should never be fully outsourced.
We take your team through the steps involved in successful hiring from role scoping all the way through to induction and training. Recruiting is not an exact science, however the more checks and balances in the process the less the risk of a bad hire.
Recruiting agencies are a valuable resource for part of the process, they have great databases and wide networks. They cannot find you suitable candidates if they are not well briefed. Some firms are better than others. Even the best ones don’t work at your place, neither do we. Your people are your best resource for identifying role scope and culture fit.
Your people have skin in the game, they need the right person. External recruiters are remunerated on placement – they want bums on seats. While this is a simplification because obviously they also want repeat business – still the incentive structure is not set up for win-win.
We also provide support in psychometric profiling, reference checking and interviews as needed. You choose how much or how little ongoing support you need (our goal is less over time not more).
Upcoming Better Hiring Workshops
We are excited to offer a public Recruitment workshop in Auckland’s Albany on the 2nd April 2020 from 12:00 to 4:00pm.
This half-Day workshop covers what hiring managers need to know to support good hiring choices, including:
- Scoping the role
- Creating a person specs matrix
- When, where and how to search
- How to keep recruiters honest who work on success fees
- Profiling candidates for ‘fit’
- Shortlisting and interviewing hacks
- On-boarding that works
Get in touch to book this course, register interest in future public courses, or discuss an in house workshop.
*Prices Excludes GST